Sunday 13 May 2012

Pete Fowler

Pete Fowler

Fowler is most definately my favourite out of all the artists I have researched for this project. I as an illustrator can relate to his style the most with his psycadelic inspiration, think lines & bold colours. His artwork mostly consists of strange creatutes which can be comical & you can really get a sense of the depth of his character design within each one.


I love how clean the linework is in this piece, the smoothness is that you would expect from a vector piece so I am going to assume that it is! I love how the lines all flow together smoothly & that everything is spread out evenly. The piece being perfectly symettrical I feel helps the illusion of smoothness throughout the piece. I feel in the future I will experiment with making my work more symettrical so I can query whether this creates the same illusion for my illustrations too.

The bold use of colour also create a strong contrast from the lines to make the image really pop out. The use of colour is necessary as if pale colours were used they would be washed out by the intesity of the linework unless the lines were toned down to a light grey.

No comments:

Post a Comment