Sunday 13 May 2012

eBoy (final)

eBoy (Chosen artist 1)


The reason I chose to write a more detailed post about eBoy would be that the complexity of his drawings remind me of my personal illustrations as I love to include a lot of extra details that cause the public to double take, you can not see everything with only one look at the piece. Furthmore the choice in colour is vivid allowing the image to feel more "busy" giving it a greater sense of depth. These pieces are very imaginitive & with a simply, pixel style they can pull it off without making it feel cluttered whilst maintaining a high standard.



bike repainted

by Andreas Stokbro

This is a great example of how flexible the designs of eBoy are. They can be applied to many forms of merchandise because the design is so complicated. With other artwork you may be concerned if it was placed onto a bike even though it wasn't designed to fit the frame because the image would be cut up & the audience wouldn't be able to interperate what it was. However because it is so busy it gives the same effect of a pattern. It looks great on said product & I especially think it would be excellent as a wallpaper.
Rio Wiggle

Rio Wiggle

 This is amazing! I love how despite the animation is so simple, due to the complex design of the drawing, it makes the animation look complex too! I can see that this is constructed using 3 - 4 seperate layers of which the artist have moved the layers (except the background layer) side to side which would only take a few frames. This is looped over & over so this couple possible be a high resolution gif? Afterall it has allowed me to copy it straight from the site. I really love the use of gradient to shade the statue but also I really love the heart ballon as it's simplistic but it stands out to me. The use of red on white has probably created the contrast of which grabbed my attention. I can honestly say I would enjoy looking at this for hours & am probably going to purchase Pixorama for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment